Read your self wiser and get grip on the situation
Take advantage of symptom recognition. Work preventive or lessen symptoms with good and proven products.
2) What is a cold
4) Can you avert getting a cold
6) What to do in case you have a cold
7) Selection of self-help-medicines
8) Our advice
We have this article written with the goal to provide our customers and visitors of the website with information about colds, Since prevention is better than to cure it. And for the people who are already having a cold, a selection of popular and effective products!
It seemed the best way to begin with a short explanation what a cold really is. Cold or nose cold (= official name) is an inflammation of mucous membranes in nose, cavities and throat. In most cases the cause is a virus, there are several types of cold viruses. The virus has as a consequence that the mucous membranes become infected and swelling. The first signs are often a running nose, that is often quickly followed up by a blocked nose.
The symptoms usually occur after 2-3 days after you are infected with the virus.
Statistics: Adults are having 2-5 times a cold per year, children 6-10 times per year.
What are the symptoms of a cold?
The prevention of a cold is very difficult, because there is no vaccination against a cold and their do not exist any preventive agents against the cold virus. The only way to avoid it to life as a hermit. Your choice!
You can reduce the chance slightly by keeping more distance of people with a cold and often wash your hands.
A few tips that may reduce the chance to that you or your children have a cold.
1) Keep your distance from people who have a cold
2) Wash your hands multiple times a day
3) Antibiotics is no cure for a cold, this product only works for bacteria not for virusses.
4) Make sure that you have products for colds at home. It is recommended that you have at least one of the products we display below, to have at home, if you have a cold, you can use the product immediately. Most of the products are stable for at least a year.
Since there is still no method to destroy the cold virus, it is nice to know that there are self-help medicines, that make life more doable during a cold.
Products for aduls:
1) Inhalation capsules from Healthypharm
2) Xylometazoline (spray) from Healthypharm
3) Xylometazoline (drops) from Healthypharm
4) Hot lemon drink from Citrosan
6) Kids nasal drops xylometazol (suitable for kids 2-6 years old)
Since many people have a cold during the colder winter months, we recommend to provide adequate support for your immune system. This support will be given to you when using vitamin C and vitamin D. For an overview of our winter products see our article: Vitamine D | kom de winter goed door.
It is also important that you do not keep walking around with a colds, since a long-term common cold often indicates inflammation, which are generally not self healing. Think of an inflammation of the cavities and especially frontal lobe cavity. Go to a docter if a cold is not gone after 10 days.
Finally we advise you to always have a self-help medicinal product at home!
We hope you are a bit wiser about colds and you can use the information in your own life!
Thank you for your time and attention!
The Supplements Europe team